Sunday, January 5, 2014

Getting Ready For Christmas

As tradition would have it, I started decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving.  Liz and I decorated the formal tree and everyone pitched in to decorate the tree in the playroom.  Mad props to Jeremiah because he smiled patiently, at times sarcastically, through the entire process. 

It took a while to figure out where I wanted the formal tree.  After trying different layouts, we ended up with the very first one.  We put everything back in it's original place and put the tree in a corner.  


A girl after my own heart!  Scarlett exercised some serious ninja skills to get several ornaments on the playroom tree.  That's right, baby!  You make that tree beautiful by any means necessary!
    

Then she got really ambitious and tried to get even higher.  Jeremiah stepped in to help her...mostly to make sure that she didn't fall out the window.  I was okay with that.


My little elves worked so hard and I was so proud.  Sniff sniff. 


 When we were finished decorating the tree, I found this cutie fast asleep.


Here's what the front of our new house looks like.  It's a Tudor style home and while I wasn't crazy about the elevation, it wasn't a deal breaker.  I took this picture mostly as a reference for next year to remind me what we did for Christmas decorations.  I'm sure we'll do something different next year because of my mild case of ADHD. 


Another picture for reference.

2 comments:

glad2bemommy09 said...

Cute:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the trees! I'm glad you had help. Very sad this year because I did it all my self. No kids were home for Christmas.